As always, the staff at TBH have been working hard to schedule field trips, prepare the house, and get ready for SUMMER!!!!!
This summer’s theme will be Hollywood! The children can spend time on Mondays working together to create a movie trailer as a group. We will have a movie premier and awards ceremony at the end of summer. If you have any skills in this area, or would like to donate any “set-making supplies” (such as cardboard, fabric, paint, etc.) please email us at email@example.com. We would love to have your input on our summer project. This will be completely student run. We will help when needed and supervise, but we want to see their creativity shine!
The summer packets complete with permission slip, field trip calendar, and new emergency cards are available for pick-up anytime we’re open. Please see Mrs. LeAnn at the daycare front desk between 8:30-2:45 or at TBH after that if you have not already received your packet. The summer registration fee is $65 and the activity fee is $80 to be paid separately. If your child needs a new TBH t-shirt or does not already have one please email us!
There will be an opportunity to pay our new homework teacher, Mrs. Judy Devalcourt, to tutor your child for a summer bridges workshop in ELA and Math. Please email us if you are interested in that information.
Here’s what you need to know for your first day:
- LABEL EVERYTHING!!!! Your child must bring different items each day (check this blog). THEY are responsible for putting their items back in their backpacks on their hooks.
- Your child will need: a bag to keep their stuff in, a PEANUT-FREE lunch with a drink, and close-toed shoes everyday.
- Your child may bring: electronic items, a jacket, books, a water bottle, and sports equipment (plastic bats only).
- They may NOT bring: blankets, pillows, suitcases, stuffed animals, barbies, pokemon cards, art supplies or any other small unnecessary items that are easily lost. (Some items may be acceptable with teacher approval for movie making).
- Lunches must be peanut free, have a drink and an ice pack. We do have microwaves available for “heatable” lunches.
- If your first day happens to be a Tuesday: Your child should come already dressed in their swimsuits and sun-screened, with a towel and a change of clothes.
Other useful tips:
- Make sure we have your current email address. We will email each week to let you know the newest blog post is up, and send email for any changes to our schedule.
- Please make sure you are signed-up to receive Remind texts from us. We use this messaging service for school closures and short notes. You can text @bighouse52 to 81010 to sign up.
- We will be spending time outside. The children always have access to water (water fountain outside and water cooler inside), but some of them find it easier to stay hydrated if they bring a water bottle from home.
- We provide morning snack at 9:00 (cereal & milk) and afternoon snack at 2:30.
- Please refer to your field trip calendar and the blog for the times your child needs to be here. Due to the volume of summer campers we CANNOT hold the bus if you are late.
We are so excited to get the summer camp underway! Just a few short weeks left of school before Hollywood: Summer 2k18!!! If you need anything before summer begins please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 988-0373, chat with us at pick-up, or just drop by to chat.
See y’all soon!